[10th September 2013]
URGENT WARNING ON MOTOR VEHICLE FRAUD: PRIME MOTORS JAPAN!!!!!
This Embassy wishes to inform all Kenyans especially the used Motor Vehicle importers that there is a suspicious company going by the name PRIME MOTORS JAPAN which is using a website address: (http://www.primemotorsjapan.com/). The company has recently been vigorously advertised as an attractive used car dealer but the company's suspicious activities have been reported to the Embassy by Kenyan clients who have raised doubts about their operations. After back ground checks, the Embassy has found the Following:
- Prime Motors Japan Co is not a member of JUMVEA or any other Used Car Association.
- Their website has no company profile and no credible details about ownership and company registration in Japan
- Prime Motors Japan has no credible official address. The address given on their website could simply be a virtual or imaginary office.
- Although Prime Motors Japan is advertised on olx.co.ke website but this is no guarantee of authenticity.
- A Kenyan recently remitted to them USD 6,900.00 for the purchase of a Nissan X-Trail on 30th August 2013. The client is extremely worried because they no longer pick their "office telephones".
- The Embassy therefore wishes to warn all Kenyans to be extremely cautious about these and other online car dealers. Such companies may appear to be a perfectly legitimate on the website. But if you don't know them… please treat them as potential Fraudsters. In case of doubts---Do not hesitate to contact us any time (whether night or day).