The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya wishes to inform that the Government of Kenya has sanctioned and extended the period of enforcement of measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country as follows:
- To accord all Kenyans the opportunity to enjoy a full-day’s work, the nationwide dusk-to-dawn curfew that is currently in force be extended for a further 30 days up to and until the 6th July, 2020 with the commencement and end time running from 9:00 O’clock (21:00 hrs) in the evening to 4:00 O’clock (04:00hrs) in the morning.
- That due to the increase in patterns of infections, the cessation of movement into and out of the Nairobi Metropolitan Area, Mombasa and Mandera that is currently in force be further extended by 30 days up to 6th July 2020.
- That due to the evolving nature of the disease globally, international travel restrictions are hereby extended.
- That the cessation of movement into and out of the Eastleigh Area of Nairobi and the specific limitations in force with respect to the Mombasa Old Town Area that is currently in force, shall lapse at 4:00 a.m. on 7th of June, 2020.
- That in view of the successful containment of the disease in the Counties of Kilifi and Kwale, the cessation of movement into and out of the two Counties that is currently in force, shall lapse at 4:00 a.m. on 7th of June, 2020.